Why Phi Sigma Rho?
If I had to describe the sisters of the Phi Sigma Rho Omicron chapter in one word, it would be passionate. We are a diverse collection of women. We come from every background and corner of the globe. We are dancers, artists, writers, athletes, chefs, bakers, photographers, musicians, entrepreneurs, scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. The thing that unites us is our passion. We are dreamers and doers and world changers. Phi Sigma Rho brings us together and allows us to learn from each other and grow together. With the support of our sisters, there is nothing out of our reach. I could gush about our chapter all day, but I figured it'd be better coming from them.
-Kaitlyn Bush, President 2018
- Phi Sigma Rho is my family, my home on campus, and so much more. Being in Greek Life is all about personal development, and Phi Rho specifically encourages me to be a more caring friend, a more diligent scholar, and a more impactful leader. As sisters, we seek to elevate each other to accomplish great things. I am so proud to wear my letters and to be a part of this wonderful family.
- Phi Rho is a place of continual learning. I learn something new every day from my sisters, inside and outside the classroom. I like that my sisters are also curious to learn new things and are adventurous to try things outside their comfort zone! They also are the best at knowing when to take breaks and laugh a little. My sisters inspire me and fill my days with fun
- Phi Rho is a family where sisters love and inspire each other to become better people. Phi Rho motivates me to achieve more and try new things in a supportive community where hugs and musical sing-a-longs abound.
- To me, Phi Rho is more like a family than anything else. We cook together. We have movie nights and fangirl sessions together. Some of my favorite memories are of times we spent talking about our passions and goals or laughing about a funny story. At the end of it all, we’re always there for each other. When I first started college, I always worried about finding friends. In my sorority, I’ve found a second home. I’m so lucky to have found Phi Rho.
- I chose Phi Rho because it's the place where I can be myself without fear of judgment. My sisters are the ones who cheer the loudest during the best times and are a shoulder to cry on when necessary. They go out of their way to make sure everyone is okay. I love each one of my sisters and I'm so glad I joined this family.
- My sorority experience is defined by things I never thought I would do. I never thought I would join a sorority in the first place, but I took a chance and joined Phi Rho in hopes of finding my home on campus. Not only did I find a home, but I also took on leadership roles I never thought I would ever hold, traveled to places I never thought I would go, met sisters across the country I never thought I would meet, and made memories I never thought were possible. Through Phi Rho, I have become more confident about myself and more optimistic about the changes one can make in the world if they just take a chance.
- Phi Rho is really good about supporting people's interest, even without sharing them. I know amateur radio isn't everybody's gig but I have had a lot of sisters come to the shack and send telegrams with me. Phi Rhos will go to concerts or dance recitals to see their sisters following their passions.